Friday, March 10, 2006

The Chillis v the Neighbours

We have noisy neighbours. The kind who play loud music every single day. And, sometimes, when they don't think we've had enough already, at 3.30am.
And, of course, it all sounds like this:
DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF
pause
DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF
So, yesterday, I got really fed up. We can't really move; most places don't take pets and rentals are few and far between. Now, I don't want to bug my neighbours. The nice quiet ones we never hear a peep out of, anyway. But I discovered something.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Greatest Hits not only drown out
DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF but are ALSO extremely empowering. Try it sometime. Play Give It Away really really really loudly. I didn't even CARE about the stupid neighbours after that.
I resented them stealing my quality of life. But, in a very rare Zen moment, I realised they're not responsible for that. I am.
Give It Away, Give It Away, Give It Away Now ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home