Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve ...

... and it's raining. It was sooooooooo hot yesterday; today, not so much. Go figure.
I'm finally going to put the tree up today. I've either been too tired/busy/grumpy to do it before. But at least it'll be up before Christmas! I have today off, working tomorrow, then I have Wednesday off. So we're having our Christmas dinner on Boxing Day because we'll both be home.
Patrick is doing well, apart from a habit of waking up at 5.30am lately. 5.30am!!!! That's just ... uncivilised! It's the teeth and the heat, I guess. But sometimes it's hard to be patient, you know?
Jeremy's not home from work yet, but I think he's out braving the crowds to get the rest of my Christmas present. I know what part of it is, but I want a surprise as well. I'm a very recent convert to Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite authors. I happened to see Good Omens in hardback in one of the bookstores, pointed it out, and that's my main present. Heh ... I predict much reading tomorrow. Well. Before I have to go to work, anyway.
We set a limit of about $50 on each other and his is all wrapped up and ready to go, as is Patrick's. At least his was easy _ some books and a couple of toys. I have a feeling he'll be more interested in the wrapping paper!
Not sure if I"ll get much stitching done today, after having such an early start, but I'm working on Circe by Jill Oxton. Well. Right now I am anyway!
Merry Christmas!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh tell me about it. Riley's 'get up time' is currently 2.30am. Well, that's what he's trying for anyway, I am refusing to let him get up so we have screaming, dummy/toy throwing and tantrums every night until about 4am when he's worn himself out again and goes back to sleep until 6.30 or 7am. I'm wrecked :o(

Hope you have a lovely Christmas. What a shame you've got to work. grrrr.

10:03 pm  
Blogger Maree said...

I don't mind too much. I'm working this Christmas because I want to ask for next Christmas off ... heh
Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home