Thursday, July 27, 2006

Compression

It's like deep-sea diving. Only it's money and there's no water involved. Just lots and lots and lots of bills. I try not to go on about it too much, because J will end up feeling guilty about not working at the moment and your friends really don't want to hear it. But between the $500 power bill, the $1000 vet bill and negotiating each week what to pay and what can be left for a bit longer ... it really is like being slowly compressed. And I really don't have the energy for it at the moment. I don't.
The vet bill wasn't supposed to be $1000. It was a simple tear on Chloe's leg to start with. Then the vets said she had been limping for too long. Turned out that she had torn her cruciate ligament and got bone in her joint, or something. She also lost a tooth and the vet thinks she may have been hit by a car. On the bright side, after two days at the vets, she's home _ Elizabethan collar and all.
This will pass this will pass this will pass ...
We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean today. I'm determined that although I'm taking my tea to work most nights and we've pretty much given up takeaways altogether, that we're not going to be entirely joyless. Besides, with my movie pass, we only had to pay for one ticket. One ticket, for J, and food _ $20.
Time out from the compression? Priceless.
I also spent most of this evening (it's my night off) reading PS: I Love You by Celia Ahern, about a woman who loses her husband to a brain tumour. He gives her wee notes to follow for the rest of the year. It was easy to read and made me cry in places but ... eh. I'm still a little down I guess. Or it annoyed me. Or something. And we're off with the whingeing. Again.
All in all, I've had a pretty good day off. Chloe came home, I had lunch with my friends, J and I saw Pirates and I read a whole book.
Sigh.
Two of the three friends I had lunch with today are pregnant and the third, her father is getting married for the second time tomorrow. So not a lot of room at the lunch table for me and my little problems. I just wish I had someone I could vent all this crap out to. And I wish this crap wasn't going around and around in my head all the time. And I mean all. the. time. Except when I'm in my study writing, it's going around in my head all the time.
I guess putting it up here is in lieu of having that completely unselfish person to unload on.
Of course, I don't want it to all be negative whingeing about money.
I could whinge about a whole host of things: work, the weather, my weight ... all the w's.
This will pass this will pass this will pass

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hiya - stumbled over your blog today and just wanted to let you know that I've been there and it will pass - just hold on!

4:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home