Sunday, April 09, 2006

Progress

This is Monet Impressions after the last 10 hours. Not bad I suppose. I seem to have downed tools altogether though and haven't picked up any projects since ... Thursday? No, Wednesday. I'm not sure why but I"m not inspired to buy XS magazines either and I love buying XS magazines.
Maybe it's just a passing phase.

I feel rather shell-like at the moment. Like a human shell walking around and doing all the things I'm supposed to but not really noticing anything. Working, eating, reading, watching TV .... it's all surface stuff at the moment. I don't know ... I feel like I"m going through some kind of metamorphasis but I don't really care.

I lost my Dad in January and I'm turning 35 soon. I feel like I did when I was in my 20s again _ completely uncertain of who I am and where I'm going. But now I feel like I have a lot less invested in it for some reason. Maybe because I never expected I'd be going through all of that 'Who Am I?' crap again. Heck, I don't even have the energy to be angry about it.

Easter is coming up and I also have a long weekend coming up; I have Thursday and Friday off, which translates to ''we don't want to pay you time and a half''. Four days off? Fine by me! Of course, if I'm off my stitching oats, I have no idea what I'm going to do for four days. Read, I guess. Watch TV.

This weekend has alternated between busy and quiet. Quiet yesterday, as J was working, and busy today _ Sunday is housework day and worked out to be errands day as well. Which meant visiting Mother.

I spent the rest of the weekend reading Cell by Stephen King. Normally, I love Stephen King novels. I get completely pulled in and scared and all the good stuff. Not this time. Cell is nothing more than a very pale imitation of The Stand. And that's it for now, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home