Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Chloe saga ...

... continues. We took her to the vet this morning, hoping to be rid of the Elizabethan collar but it wasn't meant to be. The vet took her stitches out, then found a little piece of skin had folded over and it had to be re-stitched. So she's still wearing the collar. *Sigh*
It's my day off today and we were going to go to the movies but by the time we got home from the vets we were just tired and discouraged, so didn't do much of anything. I finished a puffy book to review for work. I have about four sitting on my desk that need to be reviewed. On the bright side, reading after work seems to be doing the trick _ it helps me wind down and I'm starting to finally get through the backlog that I have, so it's all good.
J is cooking roast chicken for dinner tonight, which is a treat for me because it means I don't have to cook (woo hoo).
I'm going to set aside the quilt square for tonight and pick up one of my other WIPs, one that's for me. I have some programmes to catch up on, so I'm planning a stitching/TV night.
I'm also wondering if I've had a humour transplant lately. Between Chloe, and the industrial action at work turning nasty, and J and I slipping into complacency .... eh.
I've been noticing it lately with my TV column. My spark has taken a holiday. So I can either find it again, or follow it to wherever it's gone.
Blergh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I'm so sorry she didn't get the collar off. And I know what you mean about losing the spark sometimes. I hope it returns to you quickly!

6:00 pm  
Blogger Maree said...

Thanks :) I think it's the Chloe thing actually. It's kind of been dragging out for a few weeks, the poor wee cat.

11:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home