Sunday, April 23, 2006

New WIP and other stuff ....


This is row one of Ellen Maurer-Stroh's Kitchen Alphabet. One row down ... I'm not sure how many to go. I'm doing a 'roaming rotation' at the moment. Hours are too much pressure, nothing is screaming at me particularly and I don't want to start anything new. So I'm roaming through my WIPs and just working on whatever appeals to me at the moment. Takes a lot of pressure off.

I still feel a little bit like one of the shell-people but I *think* I'm improving. J and I went to Dad's grave today _ shamefully, for the first time since the funeral. There's no headstone yet, but it was good to visit, anyway. And I hate the sense that if Dad knew how I was feeling, he'd worry. He always worried about me _ whether it was because I'm the youngest, or what it was, I don't know. But I certainly wouldn't want him to worry about me. I just have to find a way back to myself. Back to what passes for 'normal' for me. Back to the neurotic, energetic wee battler I know is still in there.
Somewhere.

It's Anzac Day on Tuesday. Dad served in the Pacific Islands, but all I remember him telling me about were the dolphins that swam alongside the boat on their way over there, and the movies they used to show. He never liked to talk about it.
Still.

Lest we forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger natty68 said...

*Hugs* honey, it will get better. I know its a cliche but honestly sometimes cliches are just the thing we need to hear.

The first row is looking good, and I love the idea of a roaming rotation..

*Hugs*

12:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home