Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gah!

I hate when this happens. I was merrily stitching away on a small Pisces design for J's birthday, which is tomorrow, when I realised I'd made a colossal mistake. I'd stitched the top fin of one fish, then the bottom fin of the other fish. I was stitching away on the top fish, when I realised that I'd run out of fish before I got to the bottom fin _ I was three rows out! Grrrrr.... it was too much to unpick and start over, and it's just a small design, so wasn't really worth it.
Now, of course, I'm stuck for a birthday present idea!
The midwife came on Tuesday, and my glucose levels are normal. Yay, no fasting blood test! Iron levels low, though so I have lovely iron tablets to take ... woo hoo. I'm measuring well, and the baby co-operated by 'bumping' the midwife's hand when she was checking for him.
His occipital is anterior, which is good, apparently. What we don't want is posterior. Go baby! My blood pressure is the same as last time, and I haven't had much swelling at all. I'm so very lucky, I keep expecting the other shoe to drop!
Marx had his shunt out ... last week? week before? and looks like himself again (aw).
Now we have to take Leo in to get groomed; we can't do it, his knots seem to be growing along his body rather than out from, and I don't want to hurt him. The safest recourse is to take him to the vets so they can knock him out. And now our mad cat, Scouty, has a bung eye. Hand on my heart, we cannot take her to the vet! The last time she was there, when we had her anxiety diagnosed, she freaked out really badly and I'm just not willing to risk it for the sake of an eye. An emergency is different of course, all bets are off, but I'm hoping we can treat this one ourselves. Any ideas?
What else. Ooh, I need to review February goals and do some for March, but I start work early today, so I'll do that tomorrow.
If I remember!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to scrap your stitched birthday gift. I hate it when that happens (which is too often with me). Glad your pregnancy is going well. And I hope your kitty's eye is ok.

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything is ok with baby. Riley had a gunky eye last week. Now I know babies and cats aren't the same but the treatment might work if you don't want to take kitty to the vets. We bathed Riley's eye twice a day with cooled boiled water and cotton wool. It cleared up in about 4 days. It's worth a go if kitty is so scared of the vets.

10:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS if you do try it, make sure you use a fresh piece of cotton wool for each wipe so as not to spread any infection.

10:16 am  
Blogger Maree said...

Thanks for the suggestion; we'll give it a try. She would have been at the vet already if it weren't for her anxiety. Cats... *sigh*

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home