Saturday, January 20, 2007

Move it move it

I have a new obsession. Counting to 10 _ the minimum number of times the baby is supposed to move in a day. As soon as I've counted to 10, I can go about my business quite happily. Of course, the baby doesn't know I'm counting, and waiting, so some days take longer than others, making for a very anxious mother. Good grief.
We're getting pretty well-stocked now, and have most 'big-ticket' things. I bought a baby monitor yesterday so of the big stuff all that's left is a cot mattress, maybe a bassinett and a high chair, later on. Otherwise we just need clothes, nappies, stuff like that. There are times when flirting with OCD can be a good thing.
Argh. If I'm not careful, this will turn into a baby only blog. And while I'm finding the whole process fascinating and scary and worrying, never having gone through it before, I'm not sure what the rest of the world thinks.
So. Work is fine. Short-staffed this week (hooray) and still nothing on the promotion. I've put my leave forms in and now it's just a matter of waiting.
Cats all seem to be fine, apart from JD who has developed some impressive mats on his back. I managed to cut out a couple the other night, but he's been a bit absent lately and getting the bigger ones is a two-man job _ he's not the friendliest of cats at all.
I seem to be doing okay on my January goals, except I decided to start rotatering again.
It's one of my goals now for '07 _ stick to the same rotation plan for the whole year and see how successful I am. I have great focus when I bend my mind to it but I'm also very easily distracted by shiny things.
It's raining (wherefore art thou, summer?) and is the perfect day for either lazing on the couch reading, or lazing on the couch stitching.
Ah ... to still have the luxury of choice!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Hope that you continue to be in good health with the pregnancy - and that you find lots of stitching time.

1:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at your new obsession. I am surprised you've been told to do that though as my midwife said they dont do it anymore. Maybe it's just this area. We were told to just report any difference in movement - like lots more or lots less than usual.

1:02 pm  
Blogger Maree said...

I wonder if it's a random number someone picked, so nervous mothers to be (like me) wouldn't bug their healthcare people with endless questions ...

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home