Sunday, September 07, 2008

Life goes on

You know, Patrick is pulling himself up on furniture and standing now. He's started cruising the furniture a little bit too, and I have no idea when he started.
I remember going into get him one morning and he stood up in his cot for the first time, but I don't remember the day, or the date. I was excited and shared with all and sundry (do you know how many times you can hear the phrase 'it's all over now' before you get sick of it? not that many) and now it's a daily thing. He hauls himself up, steadies his feet, and he's ... away. Well. Nearly.
I knew that Patrick's babyhood would go fast. But THIS fast??? I keep thinking about the tiny little baby we brought home last May, and looking at this ... toddler!!! grinning at me as he steadies himself on the coffee table, or the couch, or me, for that matter.
He's unbelievably and adorably cute (yes, I'm biased, what mother isn't) and this stage is a lot of fun, as his world gets bigger and bigger.
But, oh, for those baby-days!!!
He can also say "Daddy", "Buh!" and "Up" - after a fashion. Slowly but surely the babble is resolving itself into words. I can't wait to see where his journey takes him, but oh, how I miss my baby!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home