Sunday, September 28, 2008

And the beat goes on and on

So Friday was the finishing day for all of the casuals and the five fulltimers who lost their jobs in the new Grand Plan. It was my day off but I went in for the farewells anyway. There are a couple of people I'm genuinely going to miss and I wanted to say goodbye properly, in person.

Then, as befits any self-respecting news organisation, many people went to the pub next door for a few quiet ones. I did go, because the editor ran a tab for a bit and it takes a stronger woman than I to turn down a free Coke. I don't drink, and when I tell people that, they honestly look at me as if they expect me to grow an extra head.

I've had all weekend off too, which has been wonderful. Ran around like a loon on Friday paying bills and such, and so yesterday and today have been lovely and lazy. Took Patrick outside again, and he's still scared of grass, but will put his foot on it for a second if he's not thinking. So that's going well ... what else?

It was the final of the latest series of Dr Who here tonight, and I'm still upset about the way it ended. :(

That's all I have, folks. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's always sad to see co-works leave. Brandon was also afraid of the grass at 1st, soon patrick will be crawling and running around, you will wish he was still scarde of it. LOL

12:58 am  
Blogger Kerry said...

Maree, don't panic. There's another Who episode next week that resolves the cliff hanger you were left with.

8:15 am  
Blogger Maree said...

becca: I'm glad he's not the only one.
Kerry: I'm afraid that's it for now for Dr Who. Top Gear is back next week.

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home