Monday, April 23, 2007

Now what?

So, I've been home for three days. And I"m already bored. Yes, I know, I should be putting my feet up and resting because I won't have time to once the baby is here. But I really SUCK at doing nothing. And after three days, I'm a little stir crazy. We're going to the library this afternoon and you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to leaving the house for a little while _ even though I've really only spent one WHOLE day in the house so far.

I haven't had strangers try to touch my belly, but they sure do feel free to stare. They look at my belly, then my face as if to say, "aren't you a little old?" or something. I don't know. But I get a judgemental vibe from them, that's for sure. Or it could just be because I'm irritable 100 percent of the time at the moment.

I'm trying to relax and do the things I normally enjoy doing, like reading etc, but you reach saturation point sooner or later. I bet when baby comes I'll think "what the hell was I complaining about? Give me boredom!"

The midwife is coming today, so we'll see how things are going. Last time he was head down, but hadn't engaged. I've been waiting for this mythical 'nesting' to kick in, but it just hasn't. So I'm going to pack my bag today, fold some baby clothes and try and find something to read; I'm inhaling books at the moment.

And try not to yell at poor J.

*Sigh*.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Poor thing, sounds like you're having a bit of a hard time at the moment. Inhaling books is a good thing though, but I know what you mean about hitting the saturation point.

3:42 am  
Blogger Kim said...

lol I get irritable like that and I have no excuse! keep your chin up honey not long now

5:30 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home