Thursday, March 29, 2007

Three weeks today ... woo hoo!

I finish work until July on April 19. I'm soooooooooooo tired at the moment, and soooooooooooooo looking forward to it! I'm going to sit on the couch a lot and try not to throw things at J. He doesn't deserve to have things thrown at him, so I'll do my best to resist.
No guarantees, though. Day off yesterday, and I got breakfast in bed, which was nice but I'm not sure if I"ll do it again; our bed doesn't have a solid headboard so could have been more comfortable. It was a beautiful day, though and I actually got some stitching done. I have (reluctantly) abandoned my rotation so I can get this wedding present for my friend finished. Two pages down, two to go; so we'll see what happens after that. And after baby's here, etc ...
I have two days off next week because of Easter. Wednesday, which is my regular rostered day and Thursday, because we don't publish on Good Friday. Two days. In. A. Row.
I asked to be taken off what I'm doing at work for the next three weeks; I just feel like it requires a level of concentration I don't really have at the moment. Deputy: Why? That's easy.
Me: (not saying it out loud) Yeah, for you! For me right now it's the equivalent of developing a coherent space-time theory! I asked Deputy about it because Chief is next to useless with stuff like that. So, hopefully next week I'll be doing something less stressful for the next few weeks. We'll see.
I dreamed about Leo last night. I keep dreaming about us finding him in strange places. Last night it was in a cardboard box at like a school, or a polytech. He was in with a bunch of other cats. And, for some reason, he had a colostomy bag. Gotta love the pregnancy dreams. The midwife came on Tuesday and my blood pressure is still good (yay). Baby is measuring about 34.5cm and she quite cheerfully told me I was measuring basically full term. What? What? What? But I'm 5'1. Which means there's only one way for baby to go: Out. I keep compulsively making lists in my head of what we still need to get. Maybe I should actually write it down .... hmmmmm ....

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marie

How come you have to go back to work in July? Do you not get 6 months maternity leave over there?

I'm so sorry that Leo hasn't turned up. I do hope he's ok. It may be because he realises the baby is on the way. I was so worried about Casey leaving home when Riley was born but luckily she didn't.

4:54 am  
Blogger Maree said...

We get 16 weeks, but I'm the main wage earner; so I'm transferring part of my entitlement to J. It sucks, but at least one of us will be home with baby. :) We're hoping that with Leo being so pretty, someone has taken a shine to him and taken him home :(

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maree

Long time since you blogged ... everything ok honey?

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home